Okay…I got a little "creative" today when trying to use up the leftovers I had from the meals we had this week. It's similar to the Turkey Meatball recipe I posted earlier in the week…with a TWIST! I am SO proud of myself…I'm normally not creative because I'm afraid I will waste food when not following a recipe. But, it turned out AMAZING! It's also very versatile….make it & allow your family to choose how to eat it. In a bowl alone (like me), in a tortilla or wrap or top your Nachos with it!
This is also a COMPLETE meal when ate ALONE! Complex carbs, lean protein, healthy fats & low cal!
- 4 small vine ripened tomatoes (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 bag of Frozen steamer corn (no sauce…just frozen corn)
- 1/2 cup of Fat Free Low Sodium chicken broth
- 2.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 15oz can of Low Sodium Black Beans (drained & rinsed well)
- 1/2 cup of instant brown rice
- 1-2 batches of the HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING recipe I posted yesterday
- 1 TBSP olive oil (or oil of your choosing)
- Pour oil in skillet & heat over a med-high heat; add in your chicken pieces
- When chicken is 1/2 way cooked add in all the other ingredients & sprinkle your HOMEMADE FAJITA SEASONING over the top & mix all ingredients until everything is combined.
- Lower heat to medium & cover with a lid allowing the steam to escape
- Heat for 10-15 minutes until rice & chicken is fully cooked
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Green onions
Nutritional Info (Recipe makes 6 servings)
1 cup serving withOUT toppers- 297 calories; 29g carbs; 7g fat; 30g protein
WITH 2TBSP Reduced Fat Sour Cream & 1/4c of Shredded Cheese- 440 cals; 31g carbs; 19g fat; 37g protein