Did you set goals for 2012 back in January? How are you doing on them? Did you make any of them happen yet?
Don't give up here are my 5 tips to achieve ANY and ALL your goals!
- NAME your goal ~ Write it down, tell your family/friends about it, place VISUAL reminders EVERYWHERE you are!
- Put a date to your goal! ~ If you REALLY want to achieve it you must set a date that will keep PUSHING YOU TOWARD IT!
- Make a plan to get your goal! ~ If you've been reading for any length of time or know me, you know my favorite quote is "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail." I think this is true in EVERY aspect of life. You can't just WISH for the great "things" in life to happen.
- Evaluate how much you've done at this current time. ~ You may be trying to lose 100 lbs & have "only" lost 17 lbs to date. Don't look at it as how far you need or want go in your weight loss journey….take time to look at how much you've accomplished NOW. Look at the steps you took to get where you are right now! And if you are JUST STARTING to go after a goal, give yourself a week or two & then evaluate what you're doing. Are you moving forward? If not….time for a new PLAN of action.
- CELEBRATE EVERY SINGLE SUCCESS YOU HAVE!!! Don't wait to celebrate once you've reached a big goal. Celebrate all the small ones that GET you to that goal. EVERY STEP FORWARD SHOULD BE CELEBRATED! Far too often we only look at how long the road ahead is or how we should have or could have done this or that. Never look back…look to what is & what lies ahead of you.